Armand Poetry

Welcome to Armand Poetry. The poems (and other words) here are composed for my own thought and amusement. Comment and discussion are welcome. -Amore, Armand-

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

My Old Flame ( the one that never leaves me)

I ramble and amble to the new town
To loose my money at the bank
and wait to get a real haircut

Breaking upstairs for no other reason
doing my best with some slippery fiche
but the history is too old to be mine

I tell myself that my heart has had enough
and pay $1.75 to take the circular weave
still walking a half mile to......home?

Pulled to swing and drive always south
my island rehearsal and a cup of Nestico
early to see the beautiful lillies

My old flame...how many times
have I tried to put you down?
every week in my hands even now

You speak with my voice
you say what I think
Won't you sing to me with a new and unfamilliar tone, and bring my smile home where it belongs.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    when it comes to old flames I turn to the poets--
    Dylan: I wish that for just one time you could stand inside my shoes/ You'd know what a drag it is to see you.

    Costello: I said "I'm so happy I could die"/ She said "drop dead" and left with another guy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home