Armand Poetry

Welcome to Armand Poetry. The poems (and other words) here are composed for my own thought and amusement. Comment and discussion are welcome. -Amore, Armand-

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

A Denial (for KC)

Eleven years in flash
and hardly a word now
about the voice of
our generation

X
I can't think of a less
apt name for my people's
generation, putting the
FM dial back where
it should be

Great art, poetry, and music
is often wrought of inner turmoil
When all the beauty is given to craft
there is none left for life

My my, hey hey
Mr. Young was right and wrong
all at the same time

As for me, and my fellow Xers
now pushing forty
our rust never sleeps

Hell if I know!
a denial

2 Comments:

  • At 1:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    better to burn out? in any case, there's "more to the picture than meeets the eye":
    "I like it/i'm not gonna crack"
    "and I swear that I don't have a gun . . ."

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Has it really been 11 years?

    I can still remember Coutney's profanity-laced announcement and reading of his note outside their home. And Ted Nugent's editorial commentary on them both.

    So many other voices: Jerry, Indian Larry, John, Hunter, Janis. All voices of their times and cultures. All left marks that will serve as signposts (or warnings) for the next generations.

    Kurt, we hardly knew ye....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home