Armand Poetry

Welcome to Armand Poetry. The poems (and other words) here are composed for my own thought and amusement. Comment and discussion are welcome. -Amore, Armand-

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Sweet

One last sweet in the jar
Blue and shiny wrapped
Calling with its muffled
Voice for freedom now

The tense sucking sound
Of the lid's clinging edge
Resisting my pulling hand
With a final Popping defeat

One last sweet in the jar
Sliding along the glassy
Edge toward my waiting
Open eager shaking hand

Quick to peel the wrap
Hastily discarded garment
Of my tiny blue love
Leaning in for the kiss

But wait

There is an imperfection
Chipped on the side
My wounded prize
Bleeding in my hand

Where is the little piece?
I look agin in the wrap
Hoping to save the sweet
With surgeon's hands

But the paper is empty
The missing shard is
Nowhere to be found
Even in the empty jar

My frown is pulling down
With a wieght all its own
Dragging my very thoughts
To the floor of dispair

There is nothing for it
Wrapper, fractured body,
Lid and Jar, hopes and dreams
Into the waste bin

Now I can only try to forget
My sweet blue love

1 Comments:

  • At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    does this comment make me look fat?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home